Friday, June 7, 2013

May 30, 2013



Today I
 
Tried a New Recipe

If there is a 10-step program to becoming a domestic goddess, cooking with leeks has to be on there somewhere. If anyone knows the other nine steps, please let me know.

To my knowledge, I have never eaten – and certainly never bought – a leek before today. I felt like a gourmet chef.

Ok here’s the recipe: Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter then sautee a ½ cup of leeks for 2-3 minutes. Then add one peeled and cubed sweet potato. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes. Add ¾ cup of fresh spinach and ½ cup of frozen peas. Cook for 3 more minutes. Then
Puree.

Yep. This recipe is for the kiddo. 

When I first started making his food, I bought a book with recipes that could be made in advance and frozen. However, I’ve been doing things the easy way: making individual vegetables and mixing them together when I reheat them.

Tonight, I decided to get fancy. Well, it was fancy then it was pureed. Then it was gross. It tasted so much better than it looked. And it was the first thing that has made Max lunge over his chair for another bite. Success!



As you can see, it looks better in solid form,
but it really does taste good!

2 comments:

  1. It DOES look gross but I still want to taste it! What kind of mixer/blender do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been using a regular blender(Black&Decker), but a food processor would have been nice.

    ReplyDelete