Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 6, 2013



Today I

Made Mother’s Day Presents

I always seem to let holidays sneak up on me, and this one is no exception. Or maybe I’m being coy since this is my first official Mother’s Day as a member of the club. “Oh really, it’s Mother’s Day? Really? Had you not brought me breakfast in bed, I might never have known!” Ha!

But lest I forget there are other moms to celebrate out there too. So for mine and my husband’s, they have to get something special from the grandson this year. Enter baby handprint crafts.

As my sister put it, “You are so lucky. Now you’ll always have something you can get mom and dad for holidays.” Or something to that effect. Spot on, dear sis.

This year, thanks to Pinterest (and the originator of this particular idea), we have handprint trees. Cutting and pasting: easy. Getting a soon-to-be-seven-month-old to sit still while you trace his hand: darn near impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment