Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 5, 2013



Today I

Threatened to Call the Cops

Ah just another Friday night downtown.

My bed is two feet from my window. My window is three feet from the sidewalk. So it is not surprising that we often wake up in the middle of a weekend night to the sounds of loud obscenities and other randomness.

Tonight: “I love you! That’s why I followed you! I care about you!” Boo hoo hoo.

Typically, these drunk episodes are dopplered (dopplerized?). I hear them coming, I hear them going. Tonight this one came and stayed. At least until I yelled out the window, “Shut up or I’m calling the cops!” Classy, eh? Well, it worked. They walked off, and the cousin of the distraught drunk apologized very politely. Nice young man But it took me an hour to get back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment